Monday, November 28, 2011

A different opinion from an unlikely source

In the spirit of playing devil's advocate, I thought I would show an odd clip demonstrating a woman's view on women's rights. One small caveat however, Ayn Rand has a very different view than most women. Being raised in Russia under the communists she obviously has a different slant on issues than us westerners would. Her most famous novel, called The Fountainhead, along with being an extremely right wing opinion, is the basis for her form of philosophy and this response to the question of a woman president is reflective of that. Whether you agree with her or not, this way of thinking lives on to this day. I trust that, in my lifetime, we will break the mold, but I don't see it happening in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment